About InfoTrac Periodical Solutions
Gale, part of Cengage Learning, has always been at the forefront of innovation in online references. Our line of periodical resources provides the:
- Largest and most comprehensive aggregations of digital periodical content available – with nearly 18,000 titles and 62 collections
- Fewest embargos on average
Whatever the needs of your library, Gale provides the solution. From general interest periodicals specifically suited to the needs of public libraries to full-text titles found in our academic databases – cited in core bibliographic indexes such as ERIC, CINHAL and PsycINFO – there's a resource for libraries of all types.
These periodical solutions operate on the PowerSearch platform, which enables users to cross-search content found in a single collection, with other collections and with Gale Virtual Reference Library works. The inclusion of reference works brings deeper and more comprehensive information to the topic. All this allows libraries to customize resources tailored towards the needs of the communities and organizations served.
PowerSearch's clean, intuitive interface also offers other powerful and convenient features, such as:
- Web 2.0 sharing tools, including Delicious, MySpace, Reddit, Digg, Facebook, Newsvine and more
- The ability to create individual user account profiles, name and save any search and receive search alerts when new content is available, thus making staying on top of the latest research a snap
- Enhanced search results that incorporate context-sensitive multimedia, including images, videos, and podcasts
- 11 language choices – including newly-added Russian, Arabic, and Polish – for on-demand translating of documents
- Customizable RSS feeds on the homepage that enable the library and researcher to highlight information and publications important to their community or research
- A downloadable MP3 file for every article allowing on-the-go researchers to listen through devices such as an iPod
- ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology allows each article to be read aloud to the user – catering to the needs of auditory learners
- And more
In addition to the advanced platform that drives these resources, Gale's periodical resources use a unique indexing method to bring even more value to users. Only Gale dedicates a team of expert indexers who manually read articles and apply specific subject terms. This allows Gale's Subject Guide search to direct students/researchers to articles that are highly relevant to their search. This saves time and reduces frustration for the researcher.